Using water wisely really matters.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Reliable water supplies encourage economic growth
- Good stream flows support aquatic life
- Conserving water conserves energy (electricity)
- Conserving water can result in lower monthly water and sewer bills
- A conservation lifestyle helps ensure that others “downsteam” have enough water
To conserve water, you must:
- Fix leaks
- Install water-efficient plumbing fixtures
- Practice water-conserving behavior
For tips on water conservation, click on: http://www.mydropcounts.org/. You can also visit the EPA WaterSense Web site for landscaping tips, kids' conservation activities, and information about efficient water fixtures.